Why devote time and energy to blogging? Here are a few of the “short answers” on why blog.
- There is simply not sufficient time during the regular church services to adequately promote our God given vision to the extent that all members catch the vision of “Bringing a Spiritual Awakening to the East Bay“. By regularly blogging about our vision, I pray we will be stirred by the Spirit to own the vision God has shown us and give ourselves to it.
Communicating with my people
- Our folks are on-line much of the time. It behoves us to use the technology and lifestyle to make their time on line more profitable.
- Provide vehicles for training. Areas for Biblical training will include marriage building, child discipline, ministry helps, etc.
Promoting Soul Winning
- Keeping the main thing the main thing is a constant focus and work. We need to be reminded regularly to keep the Gospel light shining from the Lighthouse!
Inspiring People to Develop a Heart for God
- Posting sermon notes, illustrations, and quotes from great men and women of God will help keep our hearts soft before the Lord.
- To offer to people insights and spiritual helps that they would not get from my sermons, essentially acting as a fireside chat, or a “Time with the Pastor”.